- Business Information
- Contracting Opportunities
- General Information
- Equal Opportunity Programs
- Current Contracting Opportunities
- Design / Build
- Architectural and Engineering
- Goods and Equipment
- Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project
- Land Development
- Upcoming Opportunities
- Award Information
- PROJECT eLERT
- MWAA iSupplier Portal
- Materials Management Division
- Tenant Information
- Building Codes Dept
IFB 8-13-C006: Design/Build Maintenance Facility Site Preparation for Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project – Phase 2
|IFB Issue Date:||June 27, 2013|
|Deadline for Bids:||2:00 PM (Eastern), August 12, 2013|
|Pre-Bid Conference:||10:00 AM (Eastern), July 12, 2013 at Conference Rooms A&B, Airport Manager's Office, Main Terminal, Dulles Airport|
|Site Visit:||Site visits will be held on July 22, 2013, one for the "Maintenance Facility Site Only" and one for the "Full Site".
Click here for details and registration requirements.
|Question Submission:||The deadline for submitting questions has passed.
No further questions will be accepted.
|Estimated Dollar Value:||$16,000,000 - $18,000,000|
|Project Duration:||385 days from Notice to Proceed|
|Bond Requirements:||100% Payment, 100% Performance|
|The Contractor shall furnish all necessary labor, materials, tools, equipment and supervision to provide engineering and construction services to prepare the site of the Phase 2 Metrorail Maintenance Facility for use by the future Package B contractor. The Contractor shall be responsible for preparation of design and permitting documents and the performance of construction activities necessary to:
1) remove approximately 1.3 million cubic yards of soil currently stockpiled at the Maintenance Facility site,
2) transport and permanently place these soils at up to four different locations on Washington Dulles International Airport property,
3) restore the Maintenance Facility site to a condition that supports the construction of the Dulles Rail Phase 2 maintenance facility at this location, and
4) construct, maintain and restore haul roads within specified limits as necessary to accommodate the soil relocation.
|This federally funded project has a 25% Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal. A DBE is defined as a firm that is at least 51% owned and controlled by one or more social and economically disadvantaged individual(s). DBE firms eligible to participate in this Project must be DBE certified by the Virginia Unified Certification Program (the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and the Virginia Department of Minority Business Enterprise are the certifying entities of the VUCP), in accordance with US Department of Transportation regulations in 49 CFR Part 26. Contact the Airports Authority's Equal Opportunity Programs Department at 703-417-8625 for additional information on DBE Certification requirements.|
|DBE Size Standards:|
|One, July 16, 2013. The due date for bids remains unchanged.
Two, July 29, 2013. The due date for bids is extended from August 7, 2013 to August 12, 2013.
Three, August 1, 2013. The due date for bids remains unchanged.
CLICK HERE to download Amendment Documents
Last Updated August 1, 2013