- Request for Proposals (RFP)
- November 2, 2017
- Deadline for
- 2:00 PM (Eastern), December 13, 2017
- 45025 Aviation Drive, Suite 240, Dulles Airport
- $6,000,000 - $7,000,000
- 220 days from Notice to Proceed
- 100% Payment, 100% Performance
- The Contractor shall furnish all necessary labor, materials, tools, equipment and supervision for the reconstruction and widening of the West Section of Taxilane B at Washington Dulles International Airport. Work includes Portland Cement Concrete (PCC) pavement demolition, new PCC pavement, asphalt shoulders demolition, new asphalt shoulder pavement, joint sealant installation, pavement marking, sodding and seeding, taxiway edge light system installation, and underdrain installation.
- This federally funded project has a 25% Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal. A DBE is defined as a firm that is at least 51% owned and controlled by one or more social and economically disadvantaged individual(s). DBE firms eligible to participate in this Project must be DBE certified by the Virginia Unified Certification Program (the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and the Virginia Department of Minority Business Enterprise are the certifying entities of the VUCP), in accordance with US Department of Transportation regulations in 49 CFR Part 26. Contact the Airports Authority's Department of Supplier Diveristy at 703-417-8660 for additional information on DBE Certification requirements.
NAICS Code Type of Work / Service DBE Size Standard 237310 Highway, Street, and Bridge Construction $23.98 Million 237990 Other Highway & Civil Engineering Construction $23.98 Million 238110 Poured Concrete Foundation and Structure Contractors $15.0 Million 238210 Electrical Contractors and Other Wiring Installation Contractors $15.0 Million 238910 Site Preparation Contractors $15.0 Million 484220 Hauling/Trucking Contractors $23.98 Million 541330 Engineering Services $15.0 Million 541370 Surveying & Mapping Services $15.0 Million 541380 Geotechnical Testing/Testing Laboratories $15.0 Million
- One, November 13, 2017 - The due date for proposals remains unchanged.
Two, November 30, 2017 - The due date for proposals remains unchanged.
Three, December 5, 2017 - The due date for proposals remains unchanged.
- Pre-Proposal Conference:
- Date: November 14, 2017
Time: 10:00 AM (Eastern)
Location: Conference Room B, Third Floor, 45045 Aviation Drive, Dulles Airport
- Pre-Proposal Conference Documents:
- Pre-Proposal Conference Attendees List (93 KB)
Questions and Answers
- All questions must be submitted by 3:00 PM (Eastern) December 1, 2017.
- Question Submission:
- The deadline for submitting questions has passed.
No further questions will be accepted.
- Answered Questions:
- Questions and Answers - December 6, 2017 (35 KB)
Registration & Planholders List
- Show your interest in this solicitation by registering as a Planholder.
Registration will place your name on the Planholder List for this project and ensure that you receive notification of any amendments or other updates to the project which may be issued in the future.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Please enter "1-18-C007" in the Solicitation Number field.
- Planholder List:
- Planholder List - December 5, 2017 (9 KB)
- If you download the solicitation documents and are interested in submitting a response, please register as a planholder by clicking on the "Registration & Planholders" tab above and following the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: If you fail to register, you will not receive notification of amendments, and failure to receive and acknowledge amendments may result in your submission being deemed non-conforming.
- Base Solicitation Documents:
- RFP 1-18-C007 (719 KB)
Price Schedule (46 KB)
Attachment 1: Specifications (3.84 MB)
Attachment 2: Drawings (23.5 MB)
Attachment 3: Construction Safety Manual - Revision 17 - February 2016 (2.03 MB)
Attachment 4: Aviation Owner Controlled Insurance Program Manual - January 2016 Edition (9.65 MB)
Attachment 6: Orders and Instructions - Washington Dulles International Airport
- Amendments to Solicitation:
- Amendment One - November 13, 2017 (14 KB)
Revised Specifications - November 13, 2017 (5.96 MB)
Amendment Two - November 30, 2017 (14 KB)
Revised Drawings - November 30, 2017 (2.11 MB)
Amendment Three - December 5, 2017 (14 KB)
Revised Price Schedule - December 5, 2017 (46 KB)
Revised Drawings - December 5, 2017 (770 KB)
Help and Technical Assistance
- File Formats:
- Documents are in one or more of the following formats:
Adobe Acrobat PDF - Requires Adobe Reader version 5.0 or later.
You can download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader free of charge by clicking on the following link: Download Acrobat Reader
Microsoft Excel - Requires Microsoft Excel 2000 or later.
Microsoft Word - Requires Microsoft Word 2000 or later.
- Technical Assistance:
- If you have any technical questions or need assistance with the document download process, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or call 703-417-8672.
Last Updated December 6, 2017
The documents posted on this page and the information contained therein shall not be published or redistributed in any medium without prior written consent of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority.