The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority is managing construction of the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project which will bring passenger rail service to the Dulles Corridor. Complete project information is available from the Project website.
Click on the logo to visit www.dullesmetro.com.
Links to Key Project Documents (most recent items are shown first)
Information about Phase 2 Environmental Assessment and June 13, 2012 Public Hearing
Rail Project Phase 1 KPMG Audit - May 2012
- Click here to view Table 6-3 in the Wilbur Smith and Associates report for the Dulles Toll Road
U.S. Department of Transportation signs Full Funding Grant Agreement for Phase I of the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project - March 10, 2009:Click here to read U.S. DOT Press Release.
Letter from FTA Administrator James S. Simpson approving the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority's request to advance Phase I of the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project into final design - May 12, 2008 (PDF; 10 Pages, 541KB)
A letter issued April 30, 2008 from the U.S. Secretary of Transportation to the Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia announced that the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project was approved to enter final design following a required review period by the U.S. Congress.
- Click here to see the letter from from U.S. Secretary Mary E. Peters to Virginia Governor Timothy Kaine
- Click here for the statement from the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Responses to the January 24, 2008 letter from the Federal Transit Administration regarding the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project. Click here to download supporting documents
- Letter from Governor Kaine to the U.S. Secretary of Transportation - February 1, 2008 (PDF; 8 Pages, 1.6MB)
- Letter from the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority to the Administrator of the Federal Transit Administration - February 1, 2008 (PDF; 8 Pages, 2.27MB)
Funding Agreement for Capital Cost of Construction of Metrorail in the Dulles Corridor – September 11, 2007 (PDF document; 104 Pages, 8MB)
Assignment and Assumption Agreement with Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation - June 2007 (PDF document; 36 Pages, 18.23MB)
- Master Transfer Agreement (PDF; 86 Pages, 25MB)
- Permit and Operating Agreement (PDF; 103 Pages, 42MB)