- June 2017: Design and construction planning
- July 2017: Site work commences with the demolition of aircraft hangars and the Airports Authority office building to make way for the new commuter concourse.
- Prepare lower-level roadways near the terminal by adding crossover cut-throughs and some additional pavement.
New Security Checkpoint Construction
- Later in 2017: Begin utility relocations and construction of foundations and support columns.
- Next phase: Lift and secure support beams above roadway (overnight work)
- No impact on existing security checkpoint operations.
- Expect temporary lane closures and congestion along arrivals level roadway from late 2017 to 2018 (details to be announced).
- 2020 - Two new security checkpoints open with space for a total of 28 screening lanes, creating a connected concourse and making National Hall shops and restaurants post-security.
New Commuter Concourse Construction
- 2017: Fence off the construction site to separate it from the active airfield.
- 2018: Groundbreaking of the 14-gate concourse
- Add fill dirt around the site and allow it to settle before re-grading for optimal drainage slopes.
- No noticeable impact on existing flight operations
- 2021 - New commuter concourse opens, replacing busing operations from Gate 35X and increasing passenger comfort and convenience.