Student Tours of Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport are offered year round on a first come, first served basis. Tours are not available on federal holidays or during the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and the 4th of July. At the present time, tours are restricted to student groups only. Please read the information below before requesting your tour.
To reserve a tour, please complete the tour request form. Then click the "Submit by Email" button at the top of the form, or you can email a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 703-417-8002. If you have any questions, please call 703-417-8003.
Safety and Security
Students will learn how the Airport provides for the safety of its passengers. Students will tour the Airport fire station, as well as see a demonstration of our K-9 explosives detection team.
Tour Schedule: First Tuesday of the month, 10:00am-11:30am
Suggested Age: Best suited for ages 5-18
Path of a Passenger
Students will have the opportunity to follow the path of a traveling passenger and learn first hand what they need to do when catching a flight at the Airport. Students will speak with an airline representative about topics such as ticketing, checking luggage, finding their gate, etc. Students may also speak with the Transportation Security Administration about the security checkpoint process. Due to security regulations and time constraints, we cannot guarantee that students will get on an airplane during the tour.
Tour Schedule: Second Tuesday of the month, 10:00am-12:00pm
Suggested Age: Best suited for ages 7 -13
Students with an expressed interest in aviation can learn more about how an airport operates. Students will visit the Airport Operations office to question employees about aviation technology and practice. Students may also learn about the different careers available at an airport.
Tour Schedule: Third Tuesday of the month, 10:00am-11:30am
Suggested Age: Best suited for ages 14-18
- Reservations must be received at least two weeks in advance of your participation date.
- Tours are not guaranteed until you receive a confirmation from the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority detailing your participation date and program guidelines.
- Groups should have between 10–25 students to participate. Groups larger than 25 students cannot be accommodated on one tour. Please contact us to see if we can accommodate your group on multiple dates.
- Tours are subject to change or cancellation based upon weather, Airport conditions, and staffing availability.
- The Airports Authority requires at least one chaperone for every ten students. We suggest one chaperone for every five students under the age of eight. A maximum of 4 adults on any one tour is allowed.
- Adults will need to bring government-issued photo identification on the day of the tour.
Tour Program Evaluation
Your feedback is essential to this program. After your tour, please complete the tour evaluation form. Then click the "Submit by Email" button at the top of the form, or email a scanned copy to email@example.com or fax to 703-417-8002.