- Flight Information
- Flight Information
- Arrivals IAD
- Departures IAD
- Security Wait Times
- Flight Schedules
- Flight Guide
- Aircraft Noise and Flight Tracking Data
- Terminal & Gate Maps
- Air Service
- Security Screening Mezzanines
- Aerotrain System
- Getting To The Gate
- U.S. Customs - International Arrivals
- Dulles Passport Express
Washington Dulles International Airport - Aircraft Noise
Washington Dulles International Airport provides area residents with world class aviation service, which brings economic strength and vitality to the region. Aircraft noise was given great consideration when Dulles International was planned. An airfield buffer was provided on airport property to ensure that close-in residential development did not occur. Loudoun and Fairfax Counties have worked closely with the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority to provide additional land-use protection through effective planning and zoning. Today, the airport and surrounding communities benefit from these long-range planning efforts which look to the ultimate five runway airfield.
- Click here to view the Airports Authority's 2010 Annual Aircraft Noise Report
- Click here to view the Airports Authority's 2011 Annual Aircraft Noise Report
- Click here to view the Airports Authority's 2012 Annual Aircraft Noise Report
- Click here to view the Airports Authority's 2013 Annual Aircraft Noise Report
Runway Configuration at Dulles
PublicVue - The Airports Authority's Upgraded Online Flight Tracking and Noise Monitoring System
The Airports Authority maintains an aircraft flight tracking and noise monitoring system. Noise monitors are located along the primary flight corridors. The ability to measure aircraft and community noise at these locations helps the Airports Authority to better understand noise impacts in the community.
PublicVue brings these features to residents with internet access:
- View flight tracks. Plot your desired location and view flight tracks on PublicVue in near-real time (10 minute delay). You can also use historical mode to track flights that occurred in the past.
- View historical noise data. Noise data collected today is available on PublicVue the following day.
- File noise complaints online. You will be asked to register your name and place of residence and create a username and password to use this function.
The upgraded PublicVue application significantly reduced the processing time previously needed to view flight tracks. Users can now view flight activity in near-real time, versus the previous 24-hour data delay. The application consists of four tabs (Home, Complaint, Flight Tracking, Contact Us) found on the top portion of the screen. Each tab opens a page with instructions on how to provide or access information.
Noise Measurement Information
The noise level depicted at the monitor location on the website is updated every second and reflects community noise from non-aircraft sources as well as overflights. Community noise can consist of vehicle traffic, lawn mowers, storm activity, etc.
Click below to enter WebTrak. You will be leaving the Airports Authority's Website. In addition to completing a noise complaint via PublicVue, citizens are welcome to voice their concerns about aircraft noise at 703-417-1204. The Airports Authority's Noise Abatement Staff is available to discuss noise concerns during business hours. Callers are welcome to leave a voicemail message after hours or on weekends.
Telephone Contact Also Available
In addition to completing a noise complaint via PublicVue, citizens are welcome to voice their concerns about aircraft noise at 703-417-1204. The Airports Authority's Noise Abatement Staff is available to discuss noise concerns during business hours. Callers are welcome to leave a voicemail message after hours or on weekends.