- About Dulles International
- About Dulles International Airport
- A to Z Index of Dulles Information
- Travel Tips
- Air Cargo
- Special Events
- 2015 Dulles Emergency Exercise
- 50th Anniversary
- Space Shuttle
- Discover Dulles
- Construction Program
- Dulles Environment Studies
- Dulles Corridor Information
- Pass & ID Office
- IAD Photo Galleries
Discover Dulles and the Arrival of Aer Lingus
Our popular Discover Dulles series is back for 2015!
Discover Dulles allows the community to participate in signature events at Washington Dulles International Airport, and get a behind the scenes view to discover how Dulles International Airport operates.
This event will feature the arrival of Aer Lingus Airbus A330 flight from Dublin, Ireland. Discover Dulles will randomly select 45 customers to be our guests for the afternoon arrival.
Want a chance to be a part of this fun event? Click on the Aer Lingus picture for a chance to join us on May 1.
(see event details for specific requirements).
The Contest has been closed.
Rules and Information
- Discover Dulles for Aer Lingus opens Tuesday, April 21, 2015 and closes on Monday, April 27, 2015 at 12:00 noon (Eastern Time).
- Open to all legal residents of the United States. If you are under the age of 18, you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. Multiple entries will not be honored.
- Participants will be randomly selected and notified via email by on Monday, April 27.
- The participant’s slot is not transferrable if you are unable to attend.
- To enter (and for a complete list of contest rules and other information) go to www.flydulles.com and click on “Discover Dulles for Aer Lingus” under the “What’s New” section.
- If selected, participants may park in the hourly parking lot in front of the Main Terminal. Please be sure to allow plenty of time to check-in, security screening and for the Mobile Lounge Departure. Parking will be validated for this day and this event only.
- Guests will need to present themselves for check-in and identification verification on May 1 no later 2:15 pm. Please note that late arrivals may not be accommodated.
- The Mobile Lounge will depart promptly in order to allow enough time to view the inaugural landing.
- Do not bring items that would be prohibited on a flight. For a complete list of prohibited items, go to http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm
- Participants will be transported via Mobile Lounge to the airfield. Upon conclusion of the landing and aircraft gate parking, the Mobile Lounge will return to the Concourse where participants are invited to tour the Ramp Control Tower and Operations, and shop and dine.
- The event will take place rain or shine. Participants should dress for outdoor weather conditions. Cameras and binoculars are encouraged. No open toe shoes are permitted.
- Employees/Relatives of the Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority and Aer Lingus are not eligible to enter.