View travel tips for navigating the airport during construction.
Cell Phone Lot Closure
- To alleviate congestion, the Cell Phone Lot is closed during terminal roadway construction.
- Customers are invited to use Terminal Garages A, B or C, where parking is FREE for up to 60 minutes.
- Segments of the Terminal B/C Ticketing (upper-level) roadway will close for work related to Project Journey. The first segment, depicted below, is coned off from traffic.
- At least two travel lanes will be maintained at all times. Consider parking in Terminal Garages (FREE for up to 60 minutes) to avoid roadway congestion.
- Stopping is prohibited within the work zone.
- Passengers arriving on flights at Reagan National Gates 10-45 should proceed upstairs to Ticketing (Level 3) and follow signs to newly shifted shuttle bus stops (as depicted below).
- There are no changes to the taxi, app-based rides and private vehicle pick-up areas – all located outside Baggage Claim (Level 1).
Transforming the Passenger Experience
Most customers who fly at Reagan National will be minimally impacted by Project Journey construction activities. Airlines and flights will continue operating throughout the project, with the usual services and amenities. Changes will be implemented in phases and announced here. Passengers are invited to become more familiar with the project, its major milestones and key benefits. Be among the first to know about upcoming changes by subscribing to Project Journey advisories and updates.
When Project Journey is completed in 2021, two new 50,000-square-foot security checkpoint buildings will replace three smaller checkpoints currently serving Terminal B/C – increasing the post-security space to include all of National Hall and its premier shops and restaurants for ticketed travelers. In addition, a new 14-gate concourse will replace Gate 35X – ending the need for travelers to ride buses to board regional jets parked outside. Concourse amenities will include jetbridges, holdrooms, concessions and an American Airlines Admirals Club lounge.