Dulles Toll Road At-a-Glance
The Dulles Toll Road (Virginia Route 267) is an 8-lane, 14-mile (22.7 km) highway in Northern Virginia.
The Toll Road was built in 1984 by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) to provide local access to interchanges between the Capital Beltway (I-495) and Washington Dulles International Airport. The Toll Road is located in the Dulles Corridor, which also carries the Dulles Airport Access Highway and is the location of the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project.
The Virginia Department of Transportation transferred the operation of the Toll Road to the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority on November 1, 2008. The Airports Authority has been the sole operator of the Toll Road since October 1, 2009. The Airports Authority's purpose in operating the Toll Road includes financing the construction of Metrorail in the Corridor using Toll Road revenue to support the sale of bonds.
Officially, the road is named the Omer L. Hirst - Adelard L. Brault Expressway, in honor of two notable Virginia state legislators who were instrumental in the creation of the Dulles Toll Road.
- The western end of the Dulles Toll Road is connected to the Dulles Greenway, which runs between Dulles Airport and Leesburg, VA. The Greenway is operated by a private entity not affiliated with the Dulles Toll Road.
- The eastern end of the Dulles Toll Road directly connects to the Capital Beltway (Interstate 495) and connects to Interstate 66 via the Dulles Connector Road (east of the Capital Beltway).
- Toll Road Map
Facts and Figures
- Lanes each direction: 4 lanes, left-most lane becomes HOV (High Occupancy Vehicle) lane during rush hour
- Toll Road Length: 14 miles
- Number of Lane Miles: 112 miles
- Exit ramps off of the Toll Road: 9 westbound and 8 eastbound
- Westbound Toll Plaza Locations: 1 Main Toll Plaza, 9 Remote Ramp Plazas
- Eastbound Toll Plaza Locations: 1 Main Toll Plaza, 10 Remote Ramp Plazas
- Main Toll Plaza (Westbound and Eastbound) full service toll booths: 24 hours each day
- Ramp Plaza full service toll booths: Daily from 5:30 a.m. until 9:30 p.m.
Please visit the Customer Service Contacts page.